This cute origami pig made with origami cubes looks as it just escaped Minecraft! And it did escape Minecraft, as it was first designed inside Minecraft by my son Martin, and then we made a real life version of with origami cubes.
Once you make your origami pig, you can then play with it, as we did in this small stop-motion video!
To make the origami cubes pig, you need 1 black square of paper, and 9 pink squares of origami paper.
First fold all 26 origami cubes and make a lot of clips.
Then start by making two 3x3 squares with 9 cubes each, with one of the square with the black cubes in the corner. Join the squares, then add the ears, node, tail, and finish with the legs.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to fold a Pig (photo diagram and/or video).
1. The origami pig was first designed using Minecraft. Minecraft makes experimenting with origami cubes design very quick and easy, but of course you can do the same thing by drawing, or with Lego bricks.
2. All the cubes for the pigs, with the clips.
3. The completed origami cubes pig.
If you make this origami flower, or anything else with my origami cube model, please send me pictures so that I can show them on the https://origamicubes.com website and in a future video!
Thank you very much and happy folding!
If you fold this Pig, please send me pictures of your paper Pig so that I can show them here.
Have you tried this this Pig origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
The Origami Cubes were created in 2022 by Stéphane Gigandet. This new origami cube model has several benefits over other origami cubes models:
- It takes only 2 minute to fold a cube.
- Folding an origami cube is very easy, with only simple folds.
- You can use standard copy paper or origami paper.
- A 15x15cm square of paper yields 4 2cm origami cubes.
- The paper cubes can be joined together, without tape or glue.
Make colorful origami cubes and join them like paper Lego bricks to make cool Minecraft like creations! No glue, no tape, just paper!
Making an origami cube is very easy and quick (2 minutes per cube), and you can use standard copy paper or origami paper. You can then join the origami cubes to make fun creations. Video demo and tutorial:
Subscribe to the Origami + YouTube channel to be notified when I publish new origami models and videos.